READY TO VOLUNTEER?
God has designed and gifted us all in a totally unique way! It takes all of our different passions, personalities and talents working together to make the church community everything God desires it to be. Your part in serving could be part of someone giving their life to Christ. You’re never more like Jesus than when you serve.
It is easy to get connected into the Volunteer Ministry at The Met whether you’re local or part of our online community! Simply pick a place that you’re interested and fill out our online Volunteer form.
Online Volunteer Roles
Watch Party Host
Use your social media presence to host a watch party on the weekend. You can invite your friends, family and help them experience what The Met is all about.
Engage with our online community, get to know them and make them feel welcome.
Reach out to our weekend guests to welcome them, ask how their experience was and see if they have any questions you can answer.
Volunteer In The Church
The Connections Team provides a welcoming environment for our guests and members during weekend services. Team members serve either on Team A (1st and 3rd weekends) or Team B (2nd and 4th weekends). You are able to serve the same service that you attend.
- Host Team – Welcome our first-time guests to The Met, gather information for follow up, give tours and give a guest gift. Be the first impression for our new families!
- Cafe – Prepare and serve coffee and juice to our guests and members before and after service.
- Greeters – greet our guests as they enter the building and Worship Center. Our friendliness is what make The Met feel like home!
- Guest Services – welcome our first-time guests to The Met, gather information for follow up, and give a guest gift. Answer questions about getting connected at The Met.
- Information – Answer any questions the guests may have and help register for upcoming events.
- Medical Team – Provide medical attention to guests in need of assistance (you can serve here alongside another role)
- Online Host Team – Interact with guests as they watch services online. Assist in data collection and the follow up process for first time viewers (as needed). This new role helps us expand our digital ministry reach!
- Parking Team – Set up cones, direct traffic, and be the first to welcome our guests as they arrive.
- Usher – Greet guests and members as they enter the worship center, help them find a seat, and create a welcoming environment.
To Get Involved and become a Connections Team Member, contact [email protected]metchurch.com.
Excite – This ministry serves all children from 6 weeks – 5 years old in a nurturing and caring environment that shows the children the “exciting” love of Christ. Excite volunteers serve on one of the following schedules: A Team (1st and 3rd weekends), B Team (2nd and 4th weekends) or AB Team (every weekend).
- Nursery – Team member who provides a loving and safe environment while cuddling babies, and playing with crawlers, walkers and toddlers.
- Pre–school – Team member who interacts with energetic preschoolers ages 3-5 by teaching lessons, participating in praise and worship and showing the love of Christ.
- Pre–school large group – Energetic and outgoing volunteers who perform in skits and puppet shows for preschoolers and leads praise and worship during large group time.
To Get Involved with the Excite Ministry, contact [email protected]
Explore – This ministry serves kids in Kindergarten – 2nd grade where they “explore” God’s love for them through the cross and learn that God is relational and desires a relationship with each of them.
Extreme – This ministry serves kids in 3rd – 5th grade where they develop an “extreme” love for Christ and desire to live in accordance with God’s will for their lives. The kids’ “extreme” love for Christ translates to their desire and willingness to spread the good news of Jesus.
BOTH Explore and Extreme ministries have the following opportunities to serve:
- Small group leader – Lead a group of students in efforts to connect them with Christ and one another in a variety of interactive ways (small group activities, games, etc.). Explore and Extreme volunteers serve on one of the following schedules: A Team (1st and 3rd weekends), B Team (2nd and 4th weekends) or AB Team (every weekend).
- Tech operator – Facilitate technical elements (lights, sound, video, etc.) for the Explore and Extreme ministry programs. The time commitment for this ministry is all weekend services on a once a month rotation basis.
- Worship leader – Lead students in a worship experience that is energetic, interactive, and contemporary. The time commitment for this ministry is all weekend services on a rotation basis.
- Worship band – Play an instrument in our high energy Met Kids worship experience. The time commitment for this ministry is all weekend services on a rotation basis.
To Get Involved with the Explore or Extreme Ministries, contact [email protected].
Life Group Leader – Teach small group lesson to students (by grade/gender), attend Youth activities, mentor and ‘do life’ with students. Must love students and have a passion to lead students to becoming fully devoted followers of Christ. Time Commitment: Every Saturday 5pm, or Sunday 9:30am or 11:00am service; — Every Wednesday, 7pm
Greet Team – Welcome students, answer parent questions, computer registration. Must be friendly and have a passion to create a welcoming environment. Time Commitment: Middle School — Every Saturday 5pm, or Sunday 9:30am or 11:00am service; — Every Wednesday, 7pm
Host Home – Host a High School Life Group (students and their leaders) at your home every Sunday night for 8-10 weeks per semester. Host Homes are asked to create a welcoming environment, serve food for the group, and designate a meeting space to discuss biblical concepts under the guidance of a Life Group Leader.
Tech operator – Facilitate technical elements (lights, sound, video, etc.) for the Youth ministry programs.
Worship band – Play an instrument in our high energy Met Youth worship experience. Time commitment: All services a weekend on a rotation basis.
To Get Involved with Youth Ministry, contact us at [email protected].
Special Event Planning Team – produce quality large events and mission outreaches at The Met. You will have the opportunity to serve with other people while using your gifts to help create, plan, coordinate, and volunteer for church-wide special events. Email [email protected] for more info.
Food Pantry – weekly opportunities to volunteer at the food pantry are available. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Organizing and distributing cold food items
- Distribution of items in Met Youth area
- Clean up
- Check-In counter (Spanish Speaker)
- Break-down boxes
- Grocery Cart runner
- Prayer Team
To volunteer, contact [email protected].
Live Graphics Operator – Enhance the worship experience by controlling the graphics and video content seen on the side screens during the weekend services. Some experience working with computers is helpful, but training will be provided for the specific software involved. Time commitment is one weekend a month; 3–6pm on Saturday, 8:30am–12:00pm on Sunday.
Teleprompter Operator – Love singing, but not on stage? Support the vocal team on the weekends by controlling the lyrics that the vocal team cues from. Training is provided, and singing along in the booth is allowed. Time commitment is one weekend a month; 3–6pm on Saturday, 8:30am–12:00pm on Sunday.
Lighting Operator – Ever find yourself mesmerized by the lights at a concert? Help create a great visual atmosphere in the room and on stage by controlling the lighting during our weekend worship services. Training is provided. Time commitment is one weekend a month; 3–6pm on Saturday, 8:30am–12:00pm on Sunday.
Camera Operator – Help film each of our weekend services and capture video for the live stream. We will provide hands-on training and plenty of tips to help you create incredible videos. Time commitment is one service, every other week.
Producer – Are you great at seeing the big picture but still love the details? The producer helps to call camera shots, cue the production team, and make sure services flow according to plan. No experience is required. Time commitment is one weekend a month; 3–6pm on Saturday, 8:30am–12:00pm on Sunday.
To Get Involved and become a Production Team Member, contact at [email protected].
Safety Team includes Doctors, Nurses, EMT or Paramedics available for standby to respond to medical emergencies during services. Anyone with a background in security is also needed during services for safety surveillance. For further information please contact [email protected].